2/15/09

Veruschka von Lehndorff;


The Style Icon.
Born in 1939, She rocked the runway, the streets, and the film industry of the 1960's.

Quotes;

"I dressed all in black and went to see all the top photographers, like Irving Penn, and said, 'I am Veruschka who comes from the border between Russia, Germany, & Poland.  I'd like to see what you can do with my face."

"I was always being different types of women.  I copied Ursula Andress, Brigitte Bardot, Greta Garbo.  Then, I got bored so I painted myself as an animal."


Photography;

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


We all love her sense of beauty & will always see her as a true icon .




3 comments:

  1. i'm always surprised by the modernity of the photos. and veruschka is breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful model and icon! wish i would have know of her earlier!

    ReplyDelete